Tuesday, November 04, 2008

No matter how wonderful they taste, margaritas are BAD for me

So, someone at work proposed a "Happy Hour" yesterday. Sounds great, right? Well, I know that there is no such thing. It is always at least a "Happy 3 or 4 Hours". Yesterday was no exception. Also, as usual, I made a complete fool out of myself. The event started off fun enough. It was me, a couple friends and a pitcher of Jose Cuervo's best. I knew the evening was going well when I developed this profound love for everyone. I had to announce my love of those that knew, as well as complete strangers in my 'not inside voice'. The best decision at this point would have been to cut myself off . Unfortunately, this was not the decision made. I then began to suffer from verbal diarrhea. I made sure everyone knew my true feelings on every subject imaginable. I was certain that everyone at the table shared my extreme opinions. A bit of advice... don't try to discuss politics while under the influence. It just makes you look more stupid. I also had the false belief that I was the ultimate comedienne. Wow, I need to do some Mia culpa's when I go back to work. By the time I left, I had probably offended 2/3 of the 20 or 25 people that ended up coming out. WAY TO GO, DAWN! Luckily, I work with a fantastic group of people and most of them will forgive me. Hopefully one of them will give me a ride home after the other few slash my tires :}

No comments: