Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Evil Pink Eye

We must have an especailly virulent strian of pink eye. Now Chuck has "sand in his eye". Are little Charlie and I the only ones here with uncompromised immune systems?


We had a parent/teacher conference with Chloes teacher last week. Actually, her teacher is on maternity leave and will return the beginning of November. Chloe indicates mastery of 'staying on task and completing work in a timely fashion'. WHAT?!? The only way I can get Chloe to stay on task is to follow her around with a cattle prod.

Are you sure this is my Chloe? She has a alot of fabulous qualities and has masterd many skills, but staying on task is not one of them! She has also masterd communication. Okay, I'll agree with that. She will tell you everything you never wanted to know and always offer her opinion. I don't know where she gets that. There was never a question on her mastering 'talking'. Then she is on target, but not yet mastered everything else. This includes 'getting along well with others.' I don't know, I think she gets along with everyone... as long as they let her boss them aroud. Nobody ever questions her "leadership" abilities. She was pretty far above the average in naming her letters. She was tested against the national average, and I could never get an answer as to if that average was reflective of the class average. Later this year they test for the 'gifted class'. I'm curious to see if she qualifies. Sometimes I think she brighter than the average 5 year old, and ten other times I just think she is 5 going on 16 in attitde, not cognition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn Scott Baio......I blame him for the pink eye! (pointing towards the South Park episode where Scott Baio gave people pink eye and they turned into zombies)